VOCD and Target_Child tag - further info

Katie Alcock k.j.alcock at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Oct 28 15:46:19 UTC 2009

If you just type "freq" or "kwal" to get the switches, from within
CLAN, you get the line

  +/-t#Target_Child - select target child's tiers

+t#Target_Child works for these commands (I haven't tried it for
others) so I assumed it would be the correct format.

However other formatting of the Target_Child switch still doesn't work
with VOCD - is this expected, given that it does work with most
commands?

(We use children's names because our samples include speech from
multiple children,  it is easier on the transcribers, and we can if we
wish re-designate a target child if we focus on a different age group
at a later date, since we obtain the other children's ages where it's
possible to do that. I could I suppose search and replace the child's
name but as I have already included a role of "Target_Child it would
be nice to know if it works).

Katie