Freq in a bilingual conversation

Kevin Donnelly kevin at dotmon.com
Fri Jun 24 08:42:33 UTC 2011

Hi Leonid

::::On Thursday 23 June 2011 Leonid Spektor said::::
> 	The +s"@s:eng&spa" option needs a star character to match the actual
word.
> So, the right command is +s"*@s:eng&spa".

Great - this works fine.

> 	A better command would be "freq +l myfile.cha +s at s&eng" for English words
> and command "freq +l myfile.cha +s at s&spa" for Spanish words.
> For more information about the +s at s option type "freq +s at s" in commands
> window. The +l option assigns explicit language tag to every word, thus
> making the use of +s"[- eng]" option unnecessary.

This would indeed be useful, but unfortunately it doesn't work here - I get:
=====
clan/unix/bin/freq +l clan/chats/myfile.cha +s at s&spa
[1] 17700

+s at s Followed by search pattern
    r word
    & stem language marker
    + suffix language marker
    $ part-of-speech marker
    o all other elements not specified by user
  followed by - or + and/or the following
    * find any match
    % erase any match
    word -find "word"

For example:
    +s"@r-*,&-it"
  find all words with Italian stems
    +s"@r*,&it,$n"
  find all words with Italian stems and part of speech tag "n"
    +s"@r-*,&-en,o-%"
  find all words with English stems and erase all other markers
    +s"@r*,&it,+en"
  find all words with Italian stems and English suffix
No command 'spa' found, did you mean:
<snip>
=====

I've tried various permutations of +s at s&spa, but no luck. :-(

--
Pob hwyl / Best wishes

Kevin Donnelly
kevindonnelly.org.uk