new Spanish MOR

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Fri Jun 24 18:02:33 UTC 2011

Dear Colleagues,

     I have spent a couple of days fixing problems with the Spanish MOR part of speech tagger, recreating the POST disambiguator, and running MOR and POST on the 9 corpora on CHILDES that we have tagged before.  The tagging is improved and the system has much fewer problems now with disambiguation.  However, the training corpus needs another day or two of checking to improve accuracy.  If anyone wants to volunteer, that would help a lot.  I think it may also be a good idea to consider using the new tags markers in Spanish corpora to delimit initial and final vocatives and communicators.  Marking these in current corpora would be extra work, but if you are creating new corpora, it would probably help tagging accuracy.
    The new version of Spanish MOR is on the web at http://childes.psy.cmu.edu/morgrams.

-- Brian MacWhinney