FREQ for lemmas and specifying range of utterances

Janet Bang janet.bang at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 20:43:02 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am trying to use the FREQ program to calculate types/tokens on a set of
90 utterances (using the +z switch) from the %mor line using lemmas
(command: freq +s"@r-*,o%"), but we noticed that the +z switch is specific
to utterances, words and turns. Is there a way to specify a range of %mor
lines to use for FREQ?

We thought there was a way to do this by outputting just the %mor lines
using KWAL but we have not been able to figure out the appropriate command.
We've also thought that we could do this from specifying the 90 utterances
on just the speaker tiers with KWAL and then running MOR/POST. However,
we've done a bit of data cleaning after the MOR/POST programs on our
present data set and we were hoping to save some time from doing that again
if there was a way to set a FREQ command.

We will continue to work on this but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Janet