64 bit support

Paul Feitzinger paul.feitzinger at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 16:41:11 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-27, Leonid Spektor wrote:
> Only POST programs have to be 32 bit. All other CLAN applications
> can be compiled as 64 bit apps. Just change makefile accordingly.

Thanks. To be clear, by POST programs you mean post, postlist,
postmodrules, postmortem and posttrain?

> I thought all 64 bit systems are downward compatible and also
> support 32 bit apps.

I meant to say that post refuses to run after being compiled to a
64-bit binary. After compiling with the -m32 flag it works fine,
except that it can't find post.db in my mor lib. It lives at
/opt/clan/lib/post.db . In common.h I'm #define-ing DEPDIR to
/opt/clan/lib/, and mor is able to locate the ar directory there.

  $ post test.mor.cex
  cannot open "post.db".
  ***Please make sure that any file with ".db" in "mor lib" folder is
     renamed to post.db
  a workspace has to be created
  cannot open "post.db".
  ***Please make sure that any file with ".db" in "mor lib" folder is
     renamed to post.db
  error: the file "post.db" cannot be opened

It works when passing post the full path to post.db with the +d
switch.

paul