Intermittent sound-bullet truncation

Kevin Donnelly kevin at dotmon.com
Fri Jun 1 13:22:59 UTC 2012

Hi

We're having problems with intermittent truncation of the sound-bullets (ie
the sound-bullets when first assigned cover the whole span of the relevant
piece of audio, but on subsequent checking the same sound-bullets do not cover
all the audio, but a span very slightly less, meaning that the audio is
truncated when replayed).

We're seeing this with four transcribers, using CLAN versions as follows:
F - 21 February 2012
L - 12 April 2012
E - 2 May 2012
S - 12 July 2012

At first we thought that the mp3 conversion (using iTunes) was at fault, so we
asked L and F to use an mp3 converted using Audacity.  This resolved L's
problems, but F is still experiencing problems.  We asked S to try using the
original wav, but the problems remained.  S has the same version of CLAN at
home and at work, but only experiences the problems on the home PC where she
is working on our file.

The problems are intermittent, that is, on some hearings the truncation may
occur, and on others not.

Has anyone come across anythng like this, and if so, wht might be the cause?

I can post the mp3 if that would be useful.

--
Pob hwyl / Best wishes

Kevin Donnelly
kevindonnelly.org.uk