Chatter error messages

Kevin Donnelly kevin at dotmon.com
Thu Mar 15 15:19:50 UTC 2012

Hi

Is there any documentation on Chatter errors beyond this page:
http://talkbank.org/software/chatter.html
Help -> Online Documentation doesn't go anywhere on my (Linux) system. :-(

In particular, I'm getting
line 697, column 18: parser: no viable alternative at input '[///]'
in relation to this line:
*CON:	yn yr (..) [///] uh briodais i (y)n y flwyddyn pedwar_deg wyth <adeg
hyn> [?] .
though the next line:
*SAN:	uh pum_deg [//] chwe_deg wyth ?
has no bother with the [//].

I'm also getting:
line 4, column 49: parser: missing ID_CUSTOM_FIELD_VERTBAR_TO_DEFAULT at '\n'
in relation to this ID line:
@ID:	cym, spa|Patagonia|SAN|56;|female|||Adult||
which I'm assuming is something to do with a pipe character being in the wrong
place, even though it seems to match OK with the example in the CHAT manual
(p28):
@ID: en|macwhinney|CHI|2;10.10||||Target_Child||

Thanks in advance.

--