error of irregular past participal POS tagging

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Thu May 31 12:06:13 UTC 2012

Dear Y. J.,
    We currently have a problem with the tagging of past participles after auxiliaries  by POST.  We believe that it may be arising from a problem in the way that POST is processing clitic structures including auxiliaries, and I have asked Christophe Parisse to review that issue.  Until we are able to resolve this problem, I would recommend examining this particular issue in detail by searching for both patterns.  Of course, the particular test you are using is going to oversample the problem because all of the contexts are basically the same.  In full corpora, there will still be a problem, but the numbers will be different.

-- Brian MacWhinney