Switches in FLO (+u or >>, +c1) and making a list of speaker IDs

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Aug 14 15:48:42 UTC 2013

Amanda,

	Currently version FLO on our server does not have +x option like KWAL does, but +x option has been added to FLO and new CLAN will be release today. The redirect option ">>myanalyses" did not work for you because FLO sends output to a file by default. If you add "-f" option to your command "FLO @ -t*CHI -t% +d  -f >>myanalyses", then it will work as you expected.

By default the +x option does not count 0 or "xxx" or "yyy" or "www" as words, so any utterance that consists only of those symbols is counted as having zero words. If you want to exclude only utterances that have "0.", but not to exclude utterances that only have "xxx" or "yyy" or "www", then you will need to add +x"xxx", +x"yyy" and +x"www" options to the KWAL command line. Your command will be:

kwal +d +x>0w +x"xxx" +x"yyy" +x"www"

Leonid.