MOR with (un)til, (be)cause, etc.

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Feb 11 21:48:08 UTC 2013

Hi Stephen,

	I just tried MOR on Mac Unix and it worked as expected. MOR also worked correctly on Mac GUI and Win PC. I looked at the source code to see if there was something unusual there and I didn't see anything. Finally, I stepped through source code that removes parentheses from words with a debugger and again I could see anything that would produce the result that you are getting. It is very strange that in your case only the first and the last word is deformed and the middle word "(un)til" get processed correctly. Have you tried the "-fwritable-strings" option with CFLAGS?

	First, I would like you to start emailing to me directly, instead of to chibolts. Second, I would like you to email to me the test file that you are using and the script of the MOR output, including the command line, from the Unix terminal window. I guess you could just highlight the text, copy it and paste it into email. If I don't find anything wrong with your input file, then I will consider installing Ubuntu on one of our machines here and see if I can replicate your result. The Ubuntu web site says that they are up to version 12.10 or 12.04 LTS now. So, that is the version that I'll be testing.

Leonid.