Transcription software

Tompkins, Virginia L. tompkins.73 at osu.edu
Mon Feb 25 22:13:20 UTC 2013

Hello,

I have a question about transcription software that is compatible with foot pedals-I apologize for this not being exactly about CHILDES. I use the Infinity USB Digital Foot Control for transcribing using CHAT to control the audio hands-free while typing. I am searching for a transcription software that is compatible with this foot pedal and that I can install on a single computer with multiple users. I purchased Express Scribe Pro for my 3 lab computers only to find out that it cannot be used by more than 1 user-(me, since I installed it). The price for purchasing this software for each of 8+ researcher assistants on 3 computers would be too great. Does anyone use or know of a similar software that works with multiple users?

Sincerely,
Virginia Tompkins

Virginia Tompkins, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Psychology