Excluding non-words from TTR/Vocab Size counts?

M Fields megan.a.fields at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 15:25:49 UTC 2013

I have been trying to calculate vocabulary size and TTR for my analyses. In
the process, I realized that CLAN is counting non-words as words- (e.g. xx,
ah, de, wha, mah) in the calculation of vocab size and word types. I was
under the impression that CLAN would only count English words in these
analyses. Is there an additional/different code that needs to be used?

Thank you