German MOR

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Mon Dec 29 05:46:08 UTC 2014

Dear ChiBolts,

For anyone interested in using the German MOR, I would like to note that we have now added a set of POSTMORTEM rules that work deterministically to add case role features to nouns based on the endings of previous determiners and adjectives.  This rules are in the postmortem.cut file in the DEU grammar.

We are doing this outside of the MOR/POST system because this aspect of German is fully rule-governed and getting this almost completely correctly tagged can be quite helpful in the analysis of German grammar and syntax.

— Brian MacWhinney