Prompting

Tim H timothy.howell89 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 21:38:29 UTC 2014

Hello,

   I have been transcribing some mother/child interactions and I've noticed
that in one of the conditions I transcribe there are a lot of occasions
where the mother is prompting the child to give a response.  For example,
the mother would say something like "that thing that is big and yellow and
you ride to school is called a +..." (looking for the response 'bus').
I've been marking them using the trailing off code, but I don't think that
that quite captures everything I want it to, since it is really more than
just regular trailing off, the mothers are really prompting the child to
say something.  I've looked in the manual for a more appropriate code but I
haven't been able to find one, is there a code that is designed for a
situation like I described?

Thanks,

Tim H