@Font header missing

Brian Verdine brian.verdine at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 19:15:42 UTC 2016

Hi Brian- In trying to respond to your post I figured out part of what is
going on and have been troubleshooting a bit.  When I tried to scrub out
some comments from a transcription because of the sensitivity of some of
that information I realized it stopped giving me the warning.

Basically, if I open a file in CLAN that is giving me the warning and I
edit it manually and save the edits through CLAN, the saved file will not
produce the font warning even though I did nothing to the headers.  This
then allows the program to go through the full check procedure ("CLAN
Deletion" attached file).  If I change the file extension instead to .txt
and edit the same information out using a text editor, then change the file
back to a .cha file, the file produces the font warning on a check ("Text
Editor Deletion" attached file).  All of the edits I've done to the files
to this point have been through the command box without opening/saving
individual files, so that editing seems to be akin to what is happening
when I edit using a text editor.  That is, the files continue to trip the
header warning no matter how many changes I make with the command box.

As I said, adding the "@UTF8 @PID:   11312/c-00012165-1" line in before I
imported fixed up the problem and allowed CHECK to run through on all the
files without needing to open/save individual files.  But again, I don't
know what implications these headers have.

I'm obviously not familiar with your code, but my guess is that upon a
manual save from inside the program some kind of information or formatting
change is saved into the .cha file about the Font by default, which is not
happening when I edit in a text editor OR run things from the command box.
 This is probably not a problem that has been encountered before because I
doubt very many people are importing the way that I am and batch editing to
the extent I am (we have approximately 120 transcriptions to import from a
project where transcription is already completed in lab-designed Excel
worksheets).  I should add that the .cha files I'm creating to start with
are just a straight conversion of a .txt file.  I did not use any of CLANs
import functions.  I wrote a VBA script to create a text file from the
patched together information in our Excel sheets and I simply tell Excel to
save it with a .cha extension.