formatting issues with copy and paste

Virginia Tompkins vltompkins at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 15:22:20 UTC 2016

Hello,

I purchased the Inqscribe software so that my lab could use foot pedals to
transcribe. When we copy and paste the text into CLAN, it looks fine
initially. However, when we save the file and reopen, there are extra
spaces between lines and other formatting errors. Fixing all the errors,
which is very time-consuming, does not work because when we save an reopen
the file, they reappear. Inqscribe support suggested exporting the
Inqscribe transcript as a plain text file and then importing that to CLAN
or copying and pasting the plain text file. When we export as a plain text
file from Inqscribe, it also looks fine. And saving and reopening does not
disrupt the formatting. However, copying and pasting into CLAN results in
the same errors when saving and reopening the file. And I don't see a way
to import a plain text file directly into CLAN. This makes me think the
issue is something with CLAN not Inqscribe. Are there any fixes to this
problem?

Thanks,
Virginia Tompkins