FREQ of list of words

Davida Fromm fromm at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jul 6 15:53:18 UTC 2017

There are of course many options on next steps depending on what you want — e.g., the words from the speaker tier or the %mor tier, the words from a particular speaker.  For starters, if you want a frequency count of the number of words from your cut file that are on the main speaker tiers, put the cut file (in my example, I’m calling it words.cut) in the folder with the files you want to analyze, set your working directory to that folder, and run this command:

freq +s at words.cut *.cha

-Davida