.ckp files

Sophie Ambrose sophie at sophieambrose.com
Wed Oct 18 13:56:48 UTC 2017

My RAs recently alerted me that we have a .ckp file in our folder for every
.cha file they have created and coded. They think the .ckp file is getting
created after they open the .cut file with our codes. I can't find anything
in the manuals that mentions .ckp files and I'm not sure why they exist
now, when we haven't seen those in the past. They don't open on our
computers and don't seem to have any function. Can someone fill me in on
why these are being created?

And, since I'm already asking a question, I'll ask another that wasn't
worth it's own post because it's just a minor annoyance. In the past, when
I opened a .cha file, all our coded tiers were visible. Now, we have to go
to "mode - show all tiers" every time. Is there something I did that made
those quit showing up automatically when I open a file and is there a way
to change that setting back?

Thank you,
Sophie Ambrose