questions about Kideval

Li Zeng zlmailhouse at 163.com
Sat Aug 18 13:40:34 UTC 2018

Hello.

I ran Kideval on the sample of the child L2 English data, and came across
some problems.

1) I got the excel spreadsheet of Kideval results, which look very helpful.
However, I want to know more about the nature (the formula) of calculating
the following indexes,

verb/utterances:  does it mean verb tokens or verb types divided by the
number of utterances?

TTR: what is the formulae of measuring the type/token rate in the
spreadsheet result of Kideval?

utterance errors:  In my transcription of the data, I postcode erroneous
utterances with [+ gram], but I'm not sure whether the Kideval knew that.
How does Kideval calculate "utterance errors"?

2) After running Kideval, I've got a warning message, shown as below:
WARNING: FOUND 2 %mor: TIERS THAT DO NOT LINK IN SIZE TO THEIR SPEAKER
TIERS.
THIS WILL EFFECT THE RESULT OF IPSyn ANALYSES.

What does it mean by "do not link in size to their speaker tiers" ? and how
can I fix it?

Thank you very much.

Li