Excluding stories and songs from corpus

sit591 at g.harvard.edu sit591 at g.harvard.edu
Mon Apr 8 21:00:42 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I am doing a corpus study using the Providence corpus right now. For the
purposes of this study, I am interested in analyzing only the utterances
that are produced by the speakers during their natural conversational
exchanges, but the corpus also includes many stretches of talk that consist
of the stories that parents read to the children, or songs and nursery
rhymes they sing, etc. Is there a practical way to weed out these parts
from the corpus or do I have to face the gargantuan task of eliminating
them manually?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Simge Topaloglu