Using FREQ/KWAL to output quoted material

'Cathy Lonngren' via chibolts chibolts at googlegroups.com
Wed Jul 17 12:09:26 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am having trouble knowing how to get FREQ and KWAL to search for
words/sequences of words which have been coded as quotes (see examples
below). I have tried all manner of command lines and consulted the manuals
for clues but as of yet I have had no luck. I am sure there is a simple
solution but haven't yet found it - any help greatly appreciated!

Examples from the corpus:
1) Metalinguistic usage
*JAM: how do we say “bath” in Portuguese ?

*JAM: how do you say “ratinhos at s” ? [+ ep]

2) Entire quotes
*MEG: when Scamp's father came, (.) Scamp said +"/.
%add: MOT
*MEG: +" are you ready to?
%add: MOT
*MEG: no, and then Scamp's father said +"/.
%add: MOT
*MEG: +" are you ready to go home?

Many thanks,

Cathy Lonngren-Sampaio