FLUCALC Question

C Johnson john3290 at msu.edu
Thu Jul 25 23:50:44 UTC 2019

Hi Leonid,

Thanks for your quick response! The error message that was cut off
indicated that the utterance was more than 50 words. I have attached
another screenshot here.

The error that keeps popping up often gives examples of utterances with
multiple revisions or phrase repetitions as examples if the program does
not force me to quit altogether. The content of the utterances which is not
repeated seems to be under 50 words. I've attached another screenshot with
an example.

Best,

Chelsea

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 7:39 PM Leonid Spektor <spektor at andrew.cmu.edu>
wrote:

> Hi CJ,
>
> The screenshot that you attached to your email is cut short. The actual
> error message is at the bottom of Clan Output window. The dialog box just
> lets you read the message before CLAN quits automatically. I can't see the
> error message, so I can't help with it.
>
> The 50 words limit can not be overwritten. If your file has exceeded that
> limit, then it likely wasn't transcribed correctly. FLUCALC shows the
> utterance that has exceeded that limit and should be changed in some way to
> make it shorter. Perhaps it can be broken up into two. If you think that
> this line is correct, then please email it or the file it is in to us and
> we will see if maybe the 50 words limit should be increased.
>
> Leonid~
>
> On Jul 25, 2019, at 18:51, C J <cjohn3290 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have been attempting to run FLUCALC on a mac with the newest CLAN and
> most recent version of OS. Is there a way to override the error that
> doesn't let FLUCALC run on a file with utterances longer than 50 words?
> Anytime I include one of these files, the FLUCALC file is 0 bytes and
> empty, and I get an error in CLAN. Sometimes, CLAN also gives me the error
> message (attached as screenshot) and forces me to close the program.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/chibolts/a0c8e281-1ccd-4f48-bda7-6cef1ebb71b8%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/chibolts/a0c8e281-1ccd-4f48-bda7-6cef1ebb71b8%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>
> <Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 6.50.13 PM.png>

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/chibolts/288DCB17-529E-4D03-83E9-92469A65630A%40andrew.cmu.edu
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/chibolts/288DCB17-529E-4D03-83E9-92469A65630A%40andrew.cmu.edu?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

Chelsea Johnson
Ph.D. Student, Dept of Communicative Sciences & Disorders
Michigan State University
1026 Red Cedar Road, Room 210C
Oyer Speech & Hearing Building
East Lansing, MI 48824