Creating dependent tiers

Brian MacWhinney macw at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Nov 10 17:54:52 UTC 2019

Remel (I guess that is your name, although you didn’t sign your email).,

I assume that you are talking about inserting a blank dependent tier.  I guess you are somehow just trying to save the word of typing something like %cod:   Can’t you just use cut-and-paste for this?  It might be that what you are trying to do is close to what is done in Coder’s Editor.

It is also possible to use the CLAN find-replace function to replace the asterisk that begins a main line with %cod:<tab><CR>*
That will work.  I tried it.

-- Brian MacWhinney
Teresa Heinz Professor of Cognitive Psychology,
Computational Linguistics,
and Modern Languages, CMU