Finding imperatives in an utterance

Victoria H. Lee vhlee at terpmail.umd.edu
Wed Apr 8 06:24:15 UTC 2020

Hello,

I was wondering whether there is any way I could search for utterances that
contain imperatives. I would like to limit the scope of search to first
words in an utterance that contains a verb, an initial auxiliary/copula in
a be or a do form. I think it would go along the lines of kwal +s +t%mor
+s at filename.cut but I'm not sure.

Below are examples of utterances I would like to search for:
e.g. Grab your seat. (main verb as the first word)
e.g. Eat your cookie. (main verb as the first word)
e.g. Don't touch that. (do (not) followed by the main verb)
e.g. Be quite. (be followed by an adjective)

Thank you.

Victoria