pronoun objects vs. possessives

Peggy Blake mtblake at uh.edu
Fri Apr 17 19:46:23 UTC 2020

I've run into this issue a couple times, where what I consider to be a
possessive pronoun is coded as a pronoun object. Am I incorrect?

27    *PAR:           so fairy_godmother xxx gave her a ride in [/] in her
gown to go to

28           the ball (0.7) .

29    %mor:          conj:coo|so n|fairy_godmother v|give-PAST pro:obj|her
det:art|a

30           v|ride prep|in prep|in pro:obj[MB1] <#_msocom_1> |her n|gown
prep|to v|go prep|to

31           det:art|the n|ball .