question about spanish MOR

Janet Y Bang jbang at stanford.edu
Fri Jan 17 01:47:46 UTC 2020

Hello,

We are working with the Spanish MOR and noticed a few errors in the MOR line:

  1.  bonita oftentimes gets broken down into co:voc|bonita=pretty in cases where the word "bonita" is being used to modify a noun, e.g., utterance is "niña bonita.
  2.  In cases were "rato" or "ratito" is used to indicate a period of time, oftentimes the breakdown is n|rato&m-DIM=rat OR n|rato-m=rat.

What would be the most efficient way to fix these errors? We have a lab-internal .cut file where we are adding new words to our internal mor dictionary that were not in the downloaded dictionary (so that we can keep track of differences between our lab lexical items and the downloaded dictionary), but we weren't sure how to override words that were already in the dictionary? Would it be best to fix these in the relevant cut files in the lex folder (i.e., adj.cut, n.cut, respectively)?

Thank you,
Janet

--

Janet Y. Bang, Ph.D.