ID headers

Brian MacWhinney macw at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jul 15 01:50:25 UTC 2020

Dear Ingrid,
    I can't quite follow what happened in this case.  However, what may be happening is that, when you type escape-L to run CHECK on the file, it will automatically insert @ID lines if they are not already there.  It does this based on information in the @Participants line.  Is it possible that this is what happened.  If so, isn't this really helpful?  You do need to have @ID lines.
    Alternatively you may be describing a situation in which you ended up with too many @ID lines, but I can't figure that out from what you give here.

--Brian MacWhinney