SALT2CHAT & Language Codes

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Jun 20 13:43:00 UTC 2020

Mihaela,

	SALT2CHAT does not convert letters them selves. The problem you are describing might be due to the fact that CLAN data files are encoded in Unicode UTF8 format. If your SALT files are not encoded this way, then after SALT2CHAT conversion CLAN is still unable to read and display those files correctly. You would need to run CP2UTF command either before SALT2CHAT command or immediately after. Please, read the manual about using CP2UTF or just type "cp2utf" in CLAN's Commands window and press return key to see the list of available options. In particular look at +o option and choose the argument for +s based on which computer platform your SALT data files were created on.

Leonid.