commands question

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Jun 28 16:12:16 UTC 2020

Patricia,

	You can use KWAL command to first filter in speaker tiers with specific %spa codes that you are interested in and then run FREQ on the output of KWAL command. Here are few examples:

this command will match all %spa tier:
kwal +o at ID +t*SIL +t%spa +s$* -d +f @

this command will match %spa tier with $com and any second part:
kwal +o at ID +t*SIL +t%spa +s$com:* -d +f @

this command will match %spa tier with any first code part, but only :org second part:
kwal +o at ID +t*SIL +t%spa +s$*:org -d +f @

NEXT RUN
freq *.kwal.cex

if you run KWAL command multiple times on the same data files, then the output filename will have numbers added to the output filename. Please look at the line starting with Output file < in "CLAN Output" window to see what filename you need to specify as an input in the next FREQ command. Alternately, you can add -2 option to KWAL commands to make sure that all consecutive KWAL output filenames are the same.

I would also like to point out that CLAN commands related questions should be posted to chibolts at googlegroups.com <mailto:chibolts at googlegroups.com> group instead. I am posting this answer to both groups.

Leonid.