Calculating narrative length in words

Ingrid Willenberg ingridwillenberg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 22:10:54 UTC 2020

Hello everyone!

My CLAN skills are very rusty and I'd really appreciate some help :-)

   1. I have children's narrative data in a file along with other language
   tasks. The narratives are gemmed and I would like to compute the narrative
   length in words. Is there a way to get the word count without a list of the
   actual words. There are 154 children in my sample and it generates a very
   long output file.
   2. The last time I coded narrative data, after running freq on the
   coding tiers  I entered the frequencies manually into Excel. Do I still
   need to do this or is there an easier way?

Thank you in advance.

Ingrid