browser CLAN - back by popular demand

Brian MacWhinney macw at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Oct 23 23:32:46 UTC 2020

Dear ChiBolts,

I was not aware of the extent to which people were making use of the ability to type CLAN commands into the Browsable Database window -- particularly for classroom assignments.  Earlier this week, we had replaced the old browser with a new one because of vulnerabilities and software maintenance issues.  However, after that, several people wrote to me and I came to realize that this facility was actually being rather heavily used.

So, Leonid managed to reinstall the old system on a machine that is less likely to be a target of internet attacks.  Right now, the system only provides access to CHILDES data.   If people need access to other databases, please tell me.

The link is https://gandalf.talkbank.org <https://gandalf.talkbank.org/>

You need to go directly there and then navigate to the corpus you wish to analyze.  The links in the various  corpus pages in CHILDES are now pointing to the new browser instead of this older one.

 Best,

--Brian MacWhinney