Coding unintelligible language

Brian Macwhinney macw at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Apr 23 20:55:37 UTC 2021

Dear Elnaz,

It seems that you are talking about doing global changes across a collection of files.  If the changes are simple, you can use the CHSTRING program. Howe However, for more complex changes, I use BBEdit and there are also some other editor programs such as SublimeEdit and Atom. I have never tried Atom, but is gets good reviews.

— Brian MacWhinney
Teresa Heinz Professor of Cognitive Psychology,
Language Technologies and Modern Languages, CMU