Errors in English MOR nouns and verbs

Brian Macwhinney macw at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Dec 6 19:44:22 UTC 2021

Florencia,
   Thanks for noticing this.  Seems like you may be using a slightly older version of MOR.  However, even the current one has most of these problems.  I fixed them by adding these prepost rules:

# noun to verb, after contracted modal "gonna play"
part|*~inf|to n|*^v|* => part|*~inf|to v|*

# noun to verb, after go "let's go play"
v|go n|*^v|* => v|go v|*

# noun to verb, "want to play"
v|want* inf|to^prep|to n|*^v|* => v|want* inf|to v|*

Hopefully, these don’t break something else.  That is always a danger with rule systems.

— Brian