vocd

Karin Edlund karin.eva.edlund at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 20:54:44 UTC 2021

Hi Nan,

I may have expressed myself inaccurately, my sincere apologies. My
experiences in this area are somewhat limited.
My main research question concerns conversation and interaction teacher -
children (Swedish), where I use my own coding scheme to study different
communicative strategies the teacher is using.
For this I have transcribed on word level, orthographically, yet not
included morphological analysis. However, I would like to report some
descriptions about the teacher's talk; amount of words spoken and different
words spoken. I have been considering if TTR or VOCD is proper to report,
but I realize that there is the risk of VOCD being overestimated.
Considering the children, perhaps lexical diversity could be interesting to
analyze regarding the child's skills to use for example different verb
forms, and not only the lemmas?

Best regards,
Karin