General Question about BULLETS

Elnaz Kia ek325 at nau.edu
Thu Jul 22 16:17:58 UTC 2021

Hello again,

This might be a very basic question to you all, but I am new to CLAN and I
couldn't find the answer in the manual or elsewhere.

Could someone please explain *the benefits of adding bullets* to .cha
files? What can be done with bullets that is not possible without bullets?

The reason I am asking this is that a great number of files have been
transcribed in our corpus without bullets. I want to know if bullets are a
necessity or not and in what ways, so that I can at least apply them to the
rest of the files.

Many thanks for any tips!
Elnaz