General Question about BULLETS

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jul 22 16:56:06 UTC 2021

Hi Elnaz,

	I can mention few benefits of bullets. Someone else may have more reasons for bullets. There are few commands, like KIDEVAL and TIMEDUR, that computer ratios of words or utterances per period of time. Bullets are useful to transfer data to applications like PRAAT for speech analysis in phonetics. Bullets also allow to playback video associated with particular utterance to be able to see gestures or speaker's expressions. Essentially bullets allow you to see and hear speakers saying utterances and not just read transcribed words.

Leonid.