Find and replace question to fix filled pause marking

Nicole Tracy-Ventura nicole.tracy.ventura at gmail.com
Tue May 25 15:15:05 UTC 2021

Hello all, I'm looking for a recommendation to save us some time. We have a
number of transcripts where the filled pauses were marked with & only
(e.g., &um instead of &-um). We want to use FLUCALC so these will be
counted automatically. I thought a simple find and replace would be easy to
do but the files already have MOR lines and there are plenty of & there.
Also, there are some places where &=laughs is used. One last complication
is that several different filled pauses are used (e.g., um, eh, uh, ehm,
etc.). Is there a simple way of fixing this? Many thanks in advance for any
ideas.

Nicole