VOCD by word class

Melissa Stockbridge melissadawn.stockbridge at gmail.com
Fri May 28 17:39:08 UTC 2021

Thank you! I’ve never run it outside of eval, but I will look.
On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 1:11 PM Brian Macwhinney <macw at andrew.cmu.edu>
wrote:

> Dear Melissa,
>     If you take a look at the very end of the message you get when you
> just type “vocd” you will find these examples which basically answer your
> question.  Good luck with this.
>
> Examples:
> lemma-based analysis is performed by default
> limiting relative diversity (LRD), compare verb and noun stems diversity
>     vocd +t*CHI +gn"m|v.;*,o%%" +gd"m|n,;*,o%%" filename.cha
>     vocd +t*CHI +gn"m|v.;*,o%%" +gd"m|n,;*,o%%" +r4 filename.cha
>
> — Brian MacWhinney
> Teresa Heinz Professor of Cognitive Psychology,
> Language Technologies and Modern Languages, CMU
>
> > On May 26, 2021, at 10:41 PM, Melissa Stockbridge <
> melissadawn.stockbridge at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > We are interested in taking an exploratory look at VOCD for nouns,
> verbs, and adjectives. I think I've only ever seen VOCD come out of CLAN as
> a single value.
> >
> > Is there a straightforward way to get VOCD by word class?
> >
> > Thank you!
> >
> > --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/chibolts/0ed54c51-00e7-4116-b0e3-ad280c73cabdn%40googlegroups.com

---
Melissa D. Stockbridge, Ph. D., CCC-SLP
Department of Neurology
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine

Department of Hearing and Speech Sciences
University of Maryland