Creating sub-categories with GEM/GEMFREQ

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Oct 12 20:27:09 UTC 2021

Hi,

	The +f option allows you to specify some uniq keyword that you can use to identify the file. To use your example here is what you would do:

gem +n +sreading-child-night +fgem.reading-child-night +d1 +t*par *.cha
gem +n +sreading-adult-night +fgem.reading-adult-night +d1 +t*par *.cha

Then, assuming you are looking for speaker *PAR, run FREQ command:

freq +d3 +t*PAR *.gem*.cex

In the stat.frq.xls output file in the first column you will have filename with the name of the GEM. In the case of commands above rows will start with the following:

File	Language                   Corpus   Code   Age

Leonid.