Problems with Clamwin V 10 Oct 2021 - can not open Wav-filen when opening video file?

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Oct 26 16:39:58 UTC 2021

When you are using Sonic Mode The audio track of the move has to be extracted from the movie media file and stored as a separate WAVE file on hard drive in the same directory as the video media file is located. This is done with help of third party API.

I have just tested our video test file on Window 10 and it worked for me. I would like you to try the sample file that we distribute with CLAN to see if the problem is with your media file or the system. Please open CHAT file in CLAN that is located on your computer in directory "\Talkbank\CLAN\examples\elan2chat\mytheory.cha", place text cursor next to any bullet in the file and select Sonic Mode. If this does not work, then the problem is with your system. If it does work, then the problem is with your media data file.

 The problem you are experiencing could be due to the software unable to recognize the video media format, having problem extracting the audio track, not having write permission to write to the directory on hard disk where the video file is located.

1. Please make sure that your Windows system is updated with all the latest available updates for it.
2. Make sure that you have write permission to the directory where the video media file is located.
3. Make sure that the video media filename is not too complicated or has any space characters in it.
4. Make sure the video media file is the .mp4, H.264 format that we recommend.

Finally, if you have some special video format media file, then you can do the audio track extraction yourself. Just store the WAVE audio file that you extract in the same directory where the video media file is located and give the WAVE file exactly the same name as the video media filename.

If non of this works, then we can arrange for you to send to us the video file for further testing.

Leonid.