Running VOCD on a group of speakers

Macarena Quiroga macarenasolquiroga at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 12:38:08 UTC 2022

Dear all,
I'm running a VOCD over a transcription, and I would like to divide the
input that the target child hears by groups of age, which means that I
would like to have a measure of VOCD for the adult's talk and another
measure for the children's talk.

I thought that maybe I could limit the scope of the VOCD creating a file
called adults.cha where I store this information:
@ID=”*|Adult|*”
@ID=”*|Mother|*”
@ID=”*|Father|*”

And then, I run the vocd with the following comand:
vocd +t at adults.cha +r1 +r6 +fvocd_adults +d3 @

Sadly, it didn't work out. I tried removing the @ from the adults.cha file
but it didn't work either. I know this is probably not how the program
works, but I wanted to ask you if there's a way to do it.

Thank you!