Exclude marked text when getting MATTR from MOR

Amanda Huensch amandahuensch at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 15:32:31 UTC 2022

Hello,

I am attempting to get MATTR values from the MOR line of transcripts in
which we have coded speech to be ignored using < > [% g] as in the
following:

*151:     <vale> [% g] .

*151:     esta es un [//] una historia acerca de dos hermanos, Gustavo y

                Jorge [^c] .

*151:     <&um Jorge es el hermano mayor &eh quien se traslado a otra ciudad

                en el año dos mil porque empezó su carrera universitaria>
[% g] .

*151:     &ehm cuando salió Jorge [^c] Gustavo se sentía muy solo [^c]
porque

                antes ju(gaba) [/] jugaba siempre con Jorge [^c] .

I can use this command freq @ +t*1* +t%mor +b10 +sm;*,o% -sm|neo +d3 which
outputs MATTR but realized it includes the < > [% g] coded text.

I tried using the switch -s"<% g>" which works with a simple FREQ command
as follows but received the same Type/Token/MATTR values as when I ran the
above command.

freq @ +t*1* -s"<% g>" +t%mor +b10 +sm;*,o% -sm|neo +d3

I also tried using the -s"<% g>" switch during the MOR step (mor -s"<%
g>"+t*1* @) but received a message to only use language codes with the -s
option.

Is there a way to ignore the < > [% g] coded text when running MOR? Or if
not, is there a way to ignore the < > [% g] coded text when calculating
MATTR with the FREQ command?

Thank you for your help!

Amanda