Importing xml files to run commands in clan?

Vivienne Rogers viviennerogers at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 12:42:23 UTC 2022

Hello

I'm sorry to ask what is probably a stupid question. One of my phd students
is working with OUP and they've offered her access to one of their corpora
so we can run some lexical diversity measures on it. We'd like to use CLAN.
However, the corpus will be in an xml format. How do I best import/convert
that to .cha files for use with CLAN? I haven't yet received a sample of
their files. Is there anything specific I need to ask them to include in
their file?

Many thanks

Vivienne