Bilingual MOR not running in CLANc

Rachel Romeo rachelromeo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 22:28:54 UTC 2022

Hi all,

I am working with a bilingual English & Spanish corpora, and I'm using the
newest version of CLANc (May 2022). When I run MOR on the second language,
it runs fine with no errors, but the output files are not showing the %mor
and %gra tiers for utterances that are fully in the L2 (e.g., lines with [-
spa] for an English-dominant file). Additionally, individual words tagged
with @s are getting tagged as expected, but it seems to not be happy with
full utterances in the L2.

For clarity's sake:
I've got my mor grammar set to spa. Command:
mor +s"[- eng]" EnglishDominantFile.cha

Will give me output like this:

*MOT: [- spa] no pero no pegas +//.
######No dependent tiers given

*MOT: mira at s this is a little piggie .
%mor: L2|mira pro:dem|this cop|be&3S det:art|a adj|little n|pig-DIM .
%gra: 1|3|LINK 2|3|SUBJ 3|0|ROOT 4|6|DET 5|6|MOD 6|3|PRED 7|3|PUNCT
######seems to do fine with individual words

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
Rachel

--