Merging transcripts

Brian Macwhinney macw at cmu.edu
Tue Sep 6 20:23:45 UTC 2022

Dear Sophie,
     I assume that you are talking about two samples from the same child taken at about the same time.  For example, you could take a sample in the morning and then give the child a break and take another sample in the afternoon.  That would be more or less okay. You could essentially combine these two sessions into a single transcript.  That would increase reliability of some of the measures, but you would need to recognize the fact that the comparison samples in the database were not given the benefit of that type of treatment.

—Brian MacWhinney