(a) Emmett, where are you? (b) ChInUk Wawa map of the NW

Mike Cleven ironmtn at BIGFOOT.COM
Thu Dec 3 22:01:00 UTC 1998

At 10:15 AM 12/3/98 -0800, terry glavin wrote:
>just two days ago i was headed south on a bumpy logging road with gerrard
>peters (from skateen) and old ed thevarge (from darcy), on the way to
>skookumchuck, and as we passed tenas lake, ed turned to me, really serious,
>and asked: "you know how deep that lake is?" "how deep is it?" i asked him.
>"it goes aaaaallll the way to the bottom," ed replied. gerrard's dad speaks
>a good bit of chinook, but he's deaf, so there's a lot of shouting involved
>just in the business of saying good morning, which is too bad.

!! Sounds like another candidate for Tony's eventual tour of BC to meet
Chinook speakers....maybe better bring some earplugs, though.........the
joke about the lake sounds pretty typical of local humour in that area.......

BTW, where's Skateen?  Is it the little place between Skookumchuck and
Semahquam and/or Douglas?