Placenames

Mon Dec 7 20:39:21 UTC 1998

LaXiyEm, Jim,

Lush kEmtEks ukuk man yaka palach ChInUk nim khapa hayu ili'i, it's
interesting to know about the fella who gave Jargon names to a lot of
places.

Pus ukuk munk-Xluwima nayka tEmtEm khapa anqEti qhanchi hayu tIlXEm Laska
wawa ChInUk khapa Wenatchi ili'i, Entiat ili'i, Okanagan ili'i.
This might change my guess about how widely spoken the Jargon was in North
Central Washington.

Mayka tIki Iskum ixt ukuk Ili'i-pipa?  Would you like a copy of these
maps?

ALqi nayka palach wawa msayka kanawi ChInUk nim khapa Laska, later on I'll
tell you folks all the Chinook names I find on them.

LaXiyEm,
Dave
  To learn about subscribing to the SALISHAN or CHINOOK jargon discussion
   groups, just reply to this  message.  Support Native language studies!