Kamloops Wawa Page up - with Duployan Word-Glyphs

Wed Jul 22 22:45:23 UTC 1998

I finally got the first version of my Kamloops Wawa wordlist up and =
going,
and included cut-out versions of the glyphs, as taken directly from the
lexicon page that was a feature of the publication.  Because I had to =
make
them all a uniform size visually, they are each about 2.5 kb large - but
total up to 547 of 'em, meaning that the whole page will load quite =
slowly
(and totals around 592 with the HTML).  I"m hoping to figure a way to =
make
them into transparent GIFs so they won't take up so much room (any =
ideas?)

Wanted to comment that, now that I've gone through this, I gotta say some
of them looked damned familiar to me - I think some must have been in use
around Lillooet in the late '50s and early '60s, as some of the shapes =
and
squiggles strike me as things I've seen before.....

The page is at http://members.home.net/skookum/kamloops.html

I haven't added it to the other URLs yet.......

Mike Clevn