Eulachons (don't read if you're offended by jokes about God)

Fri Apr 2 20:27:52 UTC 1999

LhaXayEm,

I had a wonderful facetious response composed, and some mysterious agency
caused my computer to shut down and lose the entire message!  <+>

It boiled down (get it?) to the following connections being drawn:

			eulachon
			|      |
			|      |
			|      |
		salvation      hooligan
		|                     |
		lEkalisti      tamanous
			|      |
			|      |
			|      |
			|      |
			|      |
			Sisi Kli

BTW, I reckon you could carry 5,000 eulachons around pretty easily, just
in case you ran into some hungry people.  Doesn't the Church of Jesus
Christ of Latter-Day Saints say that he was in these parts?  There is no
evidence that he preached in ChInuk, however.

Lhush san,
Dave

 *VISIT the archives of the CHINOOK jargon and the SALISHAN & neighboring*
		    <=== languages lists, on the Web! ===>
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/salishan.html
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/chinook.html