Tatoosh aylan yaka neym, II. sItkEm (fwd)

Mon Apr 5 04:45:53 UTC 1999

 *VISIT the archives of the CHINOOK jargon and the SALISHAN & neighboring*
		    <=== languages lists, on the Web! ===>
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/salishan.html
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/chinook.html

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 18:05:53 PDT
From: girl wynecoop <wynecoop at hotmail.com>
To: drobert at tincan.tincan.org
Subject: Re: Tatoosh aylan yaka neym, II. sItkEm

Dave:
Cannon Ball Island is at the Ozette dig.  It is a geological marvel.  It
appears to have bowling balls (sans finger holes) imbedded in the soil.
Wave action has freed many many of the perfectly round rocks to sit like a
skirt around the island.  One can only get up close at low tide; and an
added site, observable only at low tide, is the many stone channels created
by the Makahs to guide their canoes to shore.
The cannon balls are so heavy than they cannot be abscounded with and
carried back to one's car which is a four mile hike away along cedar planks.
  The Cannon Ball Island I know of is not near Tatoosh Island.  Nor is it
very big.

Tina